Page (Part-time), User Services Department
Under supervision, performs routine, repetitive tasks associated primarily with the sorting and shelving of books, media, and other library materials.
Hours: Approximately 7-12 hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shelving library materials and arranging in proper order
- Maintaining general orderliness of shelves and other public areas
- Emptying internal and external book drops
- Ability to sort alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions
- Ability to communicate courteously and clearly with customers and staff
- Ability to stoop, crouch, reach and walk in the provision of library services
- Dexterity to handle books and other library materials
- Ability to read printed material
- Ability to carry light loads and/or push a book cart
- Ability to stand for extended lengths of time
Salary: $8.94 per hour
To Apply: You must come into Kennedy or Westergard Library to fill out and submit a print job application.
All Piscataway Township employees over 18 are required to have a criminal background check and drug screening, and hiring is contingent on a clean record. All Piscataway Township employees under 18 require working papers.
Piscataway Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.