Development Librarian, Adult Department
We are seeking a Development Librarian (Full Time) to join our team and play a leadership role in growing our library foundation, coordinating library grant seeking efforts, and helping to manage the library’s marketing efforts. Working with the Library Director the Development Librarian will bring visionary strategic thinking, organization, creativity and leadership to the library’s fundraising and public outreach strategies. The Development Librarian will help the organization meet our library mission: to engage minds, build connections, and create opportunities for individual and community-wide growth.
- Coordinates with staff across library departments and administration for grant research, proposal writing, reporting requirements and award/recognition applications.
- Develops effective written appeals and acknowledgements.
- Manages the database and reporting of fundraising.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships for the identification and solicitation of donors.
- Builds the Annual Appeal and planned giving program.
- Assists with library public relations by writing and distributing relevant press releases for library activities, awards and efforts.
- Works with library staff to develop community-wide library support.
- Organizes training, resources and networking for community non-profits.
- Contributes to collection development, collection management and information desk coverage.
- Works with Community Development Librarian to cultivate community partnerships to enhance library-wide programs and services.
- Other tasks as required
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing and event planning.
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Degree from accredited MLS program and NJ Professional Librarian Certificate or current library school student.
The Development Librarian works 35 scheduled hours per week including evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. It is the expectation that additional non-compensatory hours will be necessary for attending and organizing events and personal professional growth.
Salary meets NJLA minimum and is commensurate with experience. Position includes health benefits and paid leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicant must comply with the "New Jersey First Act".