Part Time Executive Administrative Assistant, Administration Department
Under supervision of the Associate Director, the Executive Administrative Assistant provides primary and executive level support to the Director and Associate Director. Serves as Secretary/Recorder to the Board of Trustees. This is a confidential position.
- Maintain general, personnel and Board of Trustees files located at Kennedy and Westergard Libraries, including set-up and weeding of files each fiscal year in accordance with the State of New Jersey Record Retention Guidelines.
- Record and prepare monthly Board minutes.
- Advertise Library Board of Trustee meetings according to Sunshine laws.
- Organize and distribute print and electronic Board packets for Trustees in a timely manner.
- Assist with special executive projects and other office-related tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Screen calls for library management and assist callers when appropriate.
- Prepare library correspondence, reports, and other materials as required.
- Submit library-wide payroll and leave hours on a weekly basis.
- Order promotional items library-wide in coordination with vendors.
- Initiate and track repair and routine service for building and office equipment needs.
- Communicate with Township Departments and third party vendors regarding building issues.
- Assist and direct library employees with payroll and personnel inquiries.
- Keep employees apprised of employment related notices.
Provide high level of customer service at the User Services Desk, including charging/renewing/discharging materials in an automated system, handling issues with overdues and other account information, handling money through accepting fines and fees as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of office support experience or High School Diploma and 4 years of office experience, preferably in a nonprofit or academic environment.
- Ability to comprehend established office routines, as well as complex rules and regulations and skills to maintain suitable records and files.
- Willingness to complete Notary Public training and provide Notary Public services to public.
- Strong organizational ability and skills to develop effective work methods.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other library and township staff members and library trustees.
- Ability to work and respect privacy due to confidential personnel related information.
- Strong judgment, highly developed problem-solving skills, and a keen focus on continuous improvement.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work under pressure.
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency with Google Apps / G Suite, including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Calendar.
Physical Requirements (sedentary to light work):
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time, to walk, and carry light loads
- Visual acuity to read print and computer screens, to operate machines, and to determine the accuracy of work
- Vocal ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers, coworkers, and individuals outside the library
- The ability to travel between library buildings and town hall
The schedule for this position is 19 hours per week, including a regular evening, and some Saturday and Sunday coverage on a rotating basis. A regular weekly schedule: Monday 9:30am-2:30pm, Tuesday 5:00-9:00pm, Thursday 9:30am-2:30pm, Friday 9:30am-2:30pm.
$21.76 per hour.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicant must comply with the "New Jersey First Act".
Mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Part Time Executive Administrative Assistant in the Subject Line. Applications will not be